Supersoulfighter.

Never hide.
Always fight.

sábado, 11 de septiembre de 2010

First Week at LPC

I've already been here for a week and the only way to describe it that I've found is saying "UWC". A new life has begun, full of new friends and experiences. I'll start writing from the beginning. I left from Madrid on Friday 3rd September 15:25. It was not possible to contain the tears when saying goodbye to my parents, but, why contain them? So after saying goodbye, I entered a new life. An independent life. Now it's me who cares about myself. I was a little worried because my boarding time was 14:40 and I went through the x-rays and metal detectors around 14:20, and when looking for the gate, the signals said that they were 22 minutes away. I had to take this little train, but finally arrived in time. I boarded and tried to start developing my English skills by watching Prince of Persia, which was a nice film but not a work of art.
When I landed in Dubai, I directed my steps to the next boarding gate and used the iPod to go on Facebook chat and find Maroua Sallami, my co-year from Tunisia. I sat in front of her and both of us took our computers and Skyped with family and friends, until Nasser Karmali, French, appeared. We talked for a while, and boarded (unfortunately, we weren't sitting together). Many hours later we were arriving at HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT!!! FINALLY THERE!! The feeling was delicious: three teenagers in a completely unknown airport. After the immigration control and the baggage claim, we went to the "Arrivals" Gate, where there was a bunch of 2nd year LPCers. After introducing ourselves, some went to Starbucks, some to Burger King, and then took a bus near to LPC and then a taxi. It was around 8 in the evening, and by 7 it was already night, so we couldn't see much. I almost didn't have time to see my room, I just left the baggage, said hi to my roomies (Jia Jun, Malaysia, and Jonathan, Hong Kong. On Sunday Thomas Chen, Hong Kong, would join us). Then, we took another bus to Sai Kun, the nearby town, where a lot of people were having dessert at Honeymoon's, but it was full when we arrived. Lots of names and nationalities, maybe I got some, but there are still many names I have to learn. It was so great to be with so many different people, we just hung around, had something to drink and walked along the pier. That night I would collapse onto my bed and immediately fall asleep.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario